Karen Smith, Pastoral Minister
Mass Assistant Schedule and Duties ~ 2017
March, June & September 2017
5:00 p.m. Mass ~ Joe & Maxine Luptowski (652-9350)
9:00 a.m. Mass ~ Rose Irish (989-239-3083)
11:00 a.m. Mass ~ Kathy Haney (652-9157)
January, April, July & October 2017
5:00 p.m. Mass ~ Bob & Debbie Grasel (989-868-4024)
9:00 a.m. Mass ~ Mark Kapala (652-3074)
11:00 a.m. Mass ~ Greg & Lindsay Hudecek (989-293-4624)
February, May, August & November 2017
5:00 p.m. Mass ~ Lupcke Family (989-274-3109) – Feb, May & Nov only
5:00 p.m. Mass ~ Alan Klco (989-820-8787) – Aug only
9:00 a.m. Mass ~ Terry Dodson (652-2122)
11:00 a.m. Mass ~ Jill Martus (652-8052)
Willing to sub:
Sandi Doherty ~ (652-6413)
Alan Klco ~ (989-820-8787)
- Be sure everything needed for Mass is on the credence table on the altar: (drawers and cabinets in the sacristy are labeled to help you find what you need)
- 2 dishes for communion at 5:00 Mass
- 3 dishes for communion at 9:00 & 11:00 Masses
- 6 cups and 6 purificators (white cloths)
- Bowl, cruet of water and a towel for Fr. Bob to wash his hands
- Fr. Bob’s chalice with a purificator
- Glass of water for Fr. Bob by his chair
- A wooden tray for vessels after communion
- A white cloth to cover the vessels after communion
- Be sure there is a wooden tray and a white cloth next to the sacristy sink for the cups after communion.
- Before the 5:00 and 9:00 Masses, see that the key is in the tabernacle.
- Before 5:00 and 9:00 Masses, light the four candles by the altar and ambo and the Easter candle by the baptismal font.
- Put out the bread and wine on the table in the back of church. Check with Fr. Bob or Karen regarding the amount of bread and wine needed. Baked bread and wine are in the refrigerator. Hosts are in the cupboard drawer.
- Helpful hint: use one entire bottle of wine per 200 people at Mass; adjust as necessary.
- When breaking bread, please include 20 hosts. Be sure to include the hosts in your total count.
- Put hosts off to the side away from the bread. Otherwise the hosts will soak up the moisture from the bread and become soggy.
- Cover bread with a white cloth so that it does not dry out.
- Put bread and wine on table by baptismal font.
- At communion time: (if Karen is a minister of Holy Communion) after you receive communion, please retrieve the ciborium (container holding the Blessed Sacrament) from the tabernacle and stand by Blessed Sacrament Chapel in case more consecrated hosts are needed.
- After the 5:00 & 11:00 Masses, return the tabernacle key back in the sacristy cabinet and extinguish all candles.
** In regard to low gluten hosts – those who need them will get them themselves and put in the dish once it is in place in church. **