TO: Hospitality Ministers
FROM: Jim Williams, Hospitality Ministry Coordinator
DATE: August 21, 2017
REGARDS: Hospitality Ministry Schedule for September, October, and November 2017
I have witnessed the dedication and detail that Ron Block had spent in working with the Hospitality Ministers for many years. His efforts are much appreciated.
I am working closely with Parish Secretary, Lori Snyder on the scheduling of the Hospitality Ministers. We have included the following in this mailing:
- September, October, and November 2017 schedule
- current Hospitality Contact List (still many gaps on email addresses; if you have one please share it with me)
I would also like to make mention of the following updates:
- Team 3 under Don Zoller has 5 Hospitality Ministers, please determine within this team which 4 will be ushering for the Saturday schedule.
- we have an additional Team 11 for Sunday 9:00 a.m. Mass; Mark Trombley will be the Captain; this means that the Team numbers for 11:00 a.m. have changed to 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16.
- Bob Ciszek will replace Ron Block as Captain of Team 14.
- Bob Trudell has joined us as a new Hospitality Minister on Team 8 for Sunday 9:00 a.m. Mass; please help Bob on processes and procedures when working with him.
Why are there 4 Hospitality Ministers at Mass? It is important and necessary to have 4 active Hospitality Ministers at each Mass. Along with the normal duties, it is also necessary to observe what is happening outside the church in the gathering area for security and safety purposes.
What if I can’t serve as scheduled? If you cannot make your scheduled Mass, please secure a substitute and communicate the change (if possible) to your captain. Do not call the church office if you cannot make it, call a replacement. Use the contact list.
When will the next schedule be out? The next hospitality schedule will cover December, 2017 and January, February, and March, 2018. Please let me know in advance if your status changes. The Christmas and New Year liturgies will be handled on a sign-up/volunteer basis.
Will there be training for Hospitality Ministers? In September we will be having sessions after each of the Masses with Fr. Bob for all and any updates for this ministry. We will let all know once the date has been determined. Additional Ministers would be helpful for the Saturday evening 5:00 p.m. and the Sunday 11:00 a.m. Masses. If you know of someone who might be interested, please have them contact me.