- Schedule for December 2018 & January, February 2019
- Current Hospitality Contact List
We have had the 5 person schedule now for the last six months and in the most part is working pretty well. I would like to thank all for stepping up to the 5 person scheduling. With trying to accommodate all with scheduling to their availability it was necessary to go away from the Team Concept. The Security aspect of our duties remains a high priority without wavering on our duties of supporting the Mass Service. I thank all of you in your efforts on these changes.
As your Coordinator of the Hospitality Ministry I am a member of the Parish’s Liturgical Commission. With this membership I am able to communicate with all on the changes and additions on making the Service more meaningful for all. With this I will continue to list both reminders and updates on procedures of our Hospitality Ministry.
The Christmas and New Year’s Masses again will be on a Volunteer and Sign Up Basis. Tentatively these Masses will be 5 PM and 8 PM on Christmas Eve December 24, 11 AM on Christmas Day, 5 PM on New Years Eve and 11 AM on New Years Day. These dates will be confirmed by November 30 by the Diocese.
The following are either reminders and notes on procedures:
1. We still have a Captain for each Mass. It is important for the scheduled Hospitality Ministers communicate with the Captain on duties during the Mass to include the Cross Barer, Security Person, and other duties.
2. Once the Crucifix is placed in the altar stand at the beginning of Mass please exit via the west perimeter of the worship area. The procession is being done a little differently, so there is no need for Hospitality Minister to come back to the front of the altar and bow with the priest. This appears to have been implemented well by all.
3. Need to remind all Hospitality Ministers not to have conversations in the back of the church during Mass. If discussions are needed please use the gathering area.
4. When taking The Host and Wine to members that need to receive the Eucharist at their seats try and not move the giving of the host to next the person until after the person has received both the bread and wine. Sometimes this is a bit tricky with our different priests, however we need to do the best we can on this.
5. I would suggest that if you have a cell phone and you are a Hospitality Minister that you bring it to Church, always keep it on vibrate, this could speed up the process of a call for a 911 Emergency.
6. The Church has new phones, the one remains at the Hospitality Ministers Nook plus one has been added in the Sacristy. You no longer have to select a line to call, once the phone is picked up you have an active outside line.
Please note that Kim Maier, Gary Sparschu, and Bob Frank are scheduled once not as a captain. This is indicated in Bold lettering on the schedule.
Can’t Make your Schedule: If you cannot make your scheduled Mass then please secure a substitute and communicate it to your Captain. Do not call the church office if you cannot make it, call a replacement. Use the contact list attached. Please consider your follow Hospitality Ministers on this matter so you don’t leave them short.
As always being Alert and Aware of the surroundings is always a must.
Home Phone: 989 652-6345
Cell Phone: 989 239-3472